• Hi everyone! So I thought I'd make a little update. It'll be pretty general and boring, I think, but I still wanted to do it.
• I've been sick for over a week, and only in the last day have I started to really feel better. Today was a great day because I had so much energy and focus. I got so much
homework done. It's amazing.
• Speaking of homework, I was out of school for a week because I was sick and because of my foot. That set me back a bit, but now I'm catching up. I think December 19 is the last day of the semester, so I have about a month left. It's been fast and slow at the same time. I'm looking forward to the winter break.
• Internships are on my mind. SCSU, my school, has an English Department internship for the spring semester. The application is pretty lengthy, but I'm going to try to do it. The deadline is November 30. I applied for the same internship for the current semester and didn't get it, obviously, but I want to try again. I then got another email a couple days later about a book publishing internship. I was really interested because I'm still kind of torn between college admin and book publishing. This email had a lot of information, but nothing about applying. So I emailed the woman listed in the info and asked how to apply. She responded saying that I meet her, and then proceeded to give me the details of the internship again. So I guess she doesn't expect a big pool of applicants, and I think I have a meeting set up for Tuesday. I'm excited!
• I've also been doing my YouTube channel. I really enjoyed October, and then I got a notebook and planned out my books to read and my videos to film and post. I had so many ideas that I have videos going up every other day in November. However, it's about half way through the month and I'm starting to feel a bit scrunched. I'm focusing a lot on videos, and not a lot on reading. I think I'll scale back next month.
• Speaking of reading, I've finished two whole books so far! That's sarcasm. I really thought I'd be reading more. I don't know why. I actually just finished my second book a few hours ago. And I'm currently reading four different books, not including books for school.
• Another thing I started out of kind of nowhere was a whole bunch of LJ communities. You may have noticed. About a month ago I started capspiration
because I thought it'd be lowkey and fun, and from there I got the idea for capicontest
, and then I just decided that I wanted a Once Upon A Time icon challenge comm, so I created ouatchallenge
, and I also brought back sparkyourmuse
because I really love the idea of it. So I kind of went from 0 to 80 within a week. :p But by scheduling entries, I can stay on top of them.
• What else am I doing? Well, I started rewatching Gossip Girl. AGAIN. I think this may be the fifth time I've rewatched this show. It's just addicting, and it's been at least a year since I watched it, I think. I love the music. I love the drama. I love the costumes. I also bought myself a coloring book, the Lost Ocean one, and so I sit and color and watch Gossip Girl, lol!
• I use this app called Forest to time my homework/study time. I go for 45 minutes, then take a little break, then go for 45 minutes, then take a longer break. Right now is my longer break. I think I'll go read some of Honeydew